- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 200 ml
- Added on
- 07 Dec 2015 2:17 pm by Anuminas
0 × in wishlist
10 × member ratings
39 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach 2008
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.25 points
- Thanks to Healthy Good for the sample.
- Nice profile, but lacking some depth, a bit one dimensional. About what to expect from a 6 year Speyside.
Vanilla and dry oak merging into a light marzipan note.
Red apple and a drop of lime.
Light floral notes after a little time in the glass.
A little thin on arrival, but picks up nicely rather quick with a gentle but noticable spicyness.
As on the nose I find the oak and vanilla to be up front.
The oak is still persistent, a little drying in a short of medium finish.
- Not great. Tastes like a decent bourbon with sweet, caramelized oak flavor but lacks some of the depth that a good Scotch should have. Watery. Enjoy the 10 year old much more.
- Non offensive, sweet whisky with a touch of oak spiciness. . Nothing really complex or exciting. Probably not worth buying again. The Benromach 10 is much better.