- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 54.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L3 339 01:28 4ML
- Added on
- 21 Aug 2014 7:00 pm by Ardinho
14 × in wishlist
24 × member ratings
61 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardbeg Uigeadail
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.14 points
- Good looking barrels from older times. For me, the L4 is fuller and more beautiful.
- Nose: Salty cheese milk cover, seaweed, sea salt, stainless steel, western medicine, dust, the whole began to become colder, minerals, dried vegetables, rocks, fish scales.
Drink: Very, very beautiful mouth, except for the little irritation, grease, thickness, complexity, richness, old Shirley, metal, smoked fish, cod liver oil, ashes, and the end rhyme is extremely long.
Overall: Uigeadail, which uses Ardbeg 70's older Sherry Cask and 90's Young Bourbon Cask as the main base wine, has a great balance right after the bottle is opened, and has achieved a good balance between young strength and impact and old maturity. The balance of sweetness and complexity of Shirley Abbe is really wonderful, and I look forward to the change of this bottle of wine after exposure to the air.
- Tasted 2cl at The Whisky Fair 21/04/18
Plasticine is the way! Also very full on the nose and taste. Fruity on the bourbon side (nowadays it's sherry and a bit watery with ashes). Pleasure from beginning to end.
- Amazingly cute nose. Vanilla and smoke. Strong on the tongue. Heavy smoke with a light sweetness and great vanilla note. Very slightly bitter on the tongue.
The current bottling is delicious from this is a dream!