83.54/100
L3093CM000
09 Mar 2013 7:54 pm
ColoredChillfiltered

Whisky Reviews for Talisker Port Ruighe

127 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.54 points

1. EinSpatzUnterVielen scored this whisky 77 points Expert Senior

In intensity of departure, although clearly superior to the Tomatin 14, but not really my thing. The sour wine notes and the smoke do not go well together, I think. Out of round, patched port notes, too bitter; the DE is miles better. I wish the finish would be shorter ... it gets more and more disgusting. Not my cup of painting.
      Smoke, wine, gummy, sour, cherries, freshly toasted bread, cranberries, menthol, salt, nose stings
    • Taste
      oily, slightly spicy, orange, lemon, vanilla, ginger, pepper, smoke, cherries, cranberries, coffee, leather
      long, smoky, earthy-dirty, sweetish, sourish, slightly musty, orange, pepper, very strong mocha, leather, menthol, salt, burnt toast, licorice, tar

2. Gloin scored this whisky 81 points Expert Senior

All in all, I like the Port Ruighe quite well, but there are clear points deductions for the finish and I think I also notice the lack of maturity. It tastes good to me, enjoyment sets in, but without enthusiasm. Tasted in 2013
      In the nose, I notice a soft smoke, but my brain quickly fades out. Behind it, I find a sweet, floral-fruity smell, almost like a sinful, a bit obscene woman's perfume. Somewhat hidden I find again the anise, which I rediscover in almost every Talisker and a slight reminder of the sea. But maybe that's just my imagination, because I know what I have in my glass.
    • Taste
      The taste shows me two very different impressions, on the one hand my tongue is greeted by a clear sparkling sharpness and I'm pretty sure it's not the alcohol. On the other side, the smell is confirmed with a flowery sweetness. I have associations of whole milk chocolate with chilli and candied rose petals.
      The finish disappoints me. A short sweetness is still there, but in the end there is only an unpleasant bitterness that I did not have in my mouth.

3. Valérie scored this whisky 85 points Expert Junior

4. butt scored this whisky 83 points Expert Senior

5. Sandman23 scored this whisky 82 points Expert Senior

6. EnjoyLife89 scored this whisky 87 points Expert Junior

Smoke; Iodine; but right behind it fruit; reminds first of Sherry, but then becomes "sour"; then follows a sweet note (but not from the fruit coming) In the 1920 Blenders glass of port is fully there. Regardless of this, however, there is an additional citrus note. A little vanilla; I also think of a good trace of malt
    • Taste
      Smoky, slightly salty and immediately sweet; Wine is quick, it gets a bit "drier" in the mouth; after that, a light sweetness returns; Meanwhile, I have a trace of anise very present, which is now dominant throughout.
      first sweet, then sour; then something that reminds me of liquorice / anise; the typical peppery Talisker sharpness is somewhat "defused" in the mouth as well as in the finish; the smoke and the port linger the longest in the mouth. The smoke is becoming more and more a burning campfire (no freshly smoked ham, rather old, cold smoke)
      Quite interesting.

7. Stanzeflasche scored this whisky 82 points Expert Senior

The typicality of the Talisker is obstructed by vinous hints, sodden wood, old plum, crushed cherry. Iodine and peat are well behind, they try to flourish, without success. It's a shame, that said it's not bad.
    On the palate, the principle is the same, but the marriage is more effective, between the light vanilla peat and the sweet torpor of the port. It is slightly maderized, with raspberry, some exotic fruits, like lychee or kumquat. But the earth and pepper go up, the final is needed, a bit heartbreaking, more about red wine and currant. Bark and humus in retro-olfaction, but it's short.

8. schengel10 scored this whisky 79 points Connoisseur

A very interesting but obviously still young malt who got his finish in Ruby Portcasks!
      very sweet, juicy plums, vanilla, salt, little smoke;
    • Taste
      first sweet, grapes, plums, port, then tingling spiciness, pepper, chili, salt, cold smoke, slightly oily, hardly oak, obviously young;
      medium length, fruity finish; in the end, smoke and pepper;

9. Tom na Gruagaich scored this whisky 80 points Connoisseur

not bad at all. Sweet, pleasing and very simple, but pleasant to drink.
      Beautiful Taliskernase, maritime, peat, very fruity. Probably a combination of Port & Youth. But all very pleasant.
    • Taste
      very sweet, artificial fruity, then bitter, pepper
      bitter-sweet, a slightly artificial sweetness, fading to peat.

10. Calmar scored this whisky 87 points Connoisseur

Pleasant, rich aroma, taste is slightly peredblen, and poorer in comparison with aroma, but also dense and saturated, the finish is long, suffers less from oak and greatly adds development, overall good whisky.
      Restrained, dry, salty sea shades and lemon, leather goods, berry notes with sourness - red currant, lingonberry; gypsum, dry plaster; dry boards, grain, light herbal motifs, drying hay.
    • Taste
      Dense, astringent, a lot of oak, ginger, coffee, bitterness of young bark, pepper, lemon peel.
      Spicy, refreshing, oak, leather goods, ginger, astringent notes, lemon, black pepper, sweet candy motifs, light smoke and ash.