Whiskybase uses tracking cookies in order to improve the website. Do you allow Whiskybase to place these cookies?

You can always change your decision under the privacy settings of your account.

Regardless of your choice Whiskybase places functional cookies to store settings and account information.

Talisker Port Ruighe

L3093CM000
09 Mar 2013 7:16 pm
ColoredChillfiltered

Whisky Reviews for Talisker Port Ruighe

120 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.47 points

1. EinSpatzUnterVielen scored this whisky 77 points Expert Senior

In intensity of departure, although clearly superior to the Tomatin 14, but not really my thing. The sour wine notes and the smoke do not go well together, I think. Out of round, patched port notes, too bitter; the DE is miles better. I wish the finish would be shorter ... it gets more and more disgusting. Not my cup of painting.
      Smoke, wine, gummy, sour, cherries, freshly toasted bread, cranberries, menthol, salt, nose stings
    • Taste
      oily, slightly spicy, orange, lemon, vanilla, ginger, pepper, smoke, cherries, cranberries, coffee, leather
      long, smoky, earthy-dirty, sweetish, sourish, slightly musty, orange, pepper, very strong mocha, leather, menthol, salt, burnt toast, licorice, tar

2. Gloin scored this whisky 81 points Expert Senior

All in all, I like the Port Ruighe quite well, but there are clear points deductions for the finish and I think I also notice the lack of maturity. It tastes good to me, enjoyment sets in, but without enthusiasm. Tasted in 2013
      In the nose, I notice a soft smoke, but my brain quickly fades out. Behind it, I find a sweet, floral-fruity smell, almost like a sinful, a bit obscene woman's perfume. Somewhat hidden I find again the anise, which I rediscover in almost every Talisker and a slight reminder of the sea. But maybe that's just my imagination, because I know what I have in my glass.
    • Taste
      The taste shows me two very different impressions, on the one hand my tongue is greeted by a clear sparkling sharpness and I'm pretty sure it's not the alcohol. On the other side, the smell is confirmed with a flowery sweetness. I have associations of whole milk chocolate with chilli and candied rose petals.
      The finish disappoints me. A short sweetness is still there, but in the end there is only an unpleasant bitterness that I did not have in my mouth.

3. Calmar scored this whisky 87 points Connoisseur

Pleasant, rich aroma, taste is slightly peredblen, and poorer in comparison with aroma, but also dense and saturated, the finish is long, suffers less from oak and greatly adds development, overall good whisky.
      Restrained, dry, salty sea shades and lemon, leather goods, berry notes with sourness - red currant, lingonberry; gypsum, dry plaster; dry boards, grain, light herbal motifs, drying hay.
    • Taste
      Dense, astringent, a lot of oak, ginger, coffee, bitterness of young bark, pepper, lemon peel.
      Spicy, refreshing, oak, leather goods, ginger, astringent notes, lemon, black pepper, sweet candy motifs, light smoke and ash.

4. whiskyd scored this whisky 77 points Expert Senior

5. Falnor scored this whisky 81 points Expert Senior

6. Punktar scored this whisky 75 points Expert Senior

I could barely imagine that with the port-ripened Talisker. And that's how it was. It does not fit together somehow. Not fish, not meat. Is drinkable, but not why I buy Talisker.
      Slightly smoky, low in alcohol. Some cherries? I had expected something more.
    • Taste
      Immediately a tingling sensation on the tongue, I think that is due to the alcohol. Some smoke, in the background something like raisins and cherries. But on the tongue dominates for me the alcohol.
      Short and unspectacular. I'm used to the 10-year-old completely different.

7. dRambo scored this whisky 74 points Connoisseur

I do not have much to do with whisky anymore.

8. Stef89 scored this whisky 85 points Member Senior

9. PedroXiménez94 scored this whisky 81 points Member Junior

Peat smoke and sweet, dark berries right away. Can not decide what prevails of both. Pretty equal. Add spices and roasted aromas. Touch coffee bean. Slight alcoholic sharpness.
    • Taste
      sweet and tingling on the tongue. Smoke now clearly felt. The classic Talisker Chili Touch. No bitterness. You can tell that this is a younger malt. Fruits are also found in the taste again and leave a sweet impression.
      medium. Peat smoke settles on the cheeks and lasts for a long time. Reminiscent of an ashtray. Mix with the fruit of the port.

10. Shalfei scored this whisky 86 points Member Junior

A good drink, very complex and collected. The aroma gave way to taste and finish. This is my first experience with the finish in port. Interestingly enough and delicious. As a result: it is obligatory for experience, but perhaps I was strained by some sticky, indeterminate sweetness that I could not clearly identify.
      Complex, wine sweetness, very far bonfire on the seashore, sweet cold coffee with milk, fruit hookah.
    • Taste
      Very bright, pepper, sea salt, iodine, a very strong sea theme.
      Prolonged, salty, very much iodine, far away in the backwoods I felt all the same, the ripeness, the root of the licorice.