- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Edition - 200th Anniversary
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- Refill American Oak Casks
- Number of bottles
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L6243CM000 57125713
- Added on
- 30 May 2017 3:22 pm by ErrHaBe
7 × in wishlist
48 × member ratings
356 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Lagavulin 08-year-old
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.22 points
- This baby Lagavulin might as well be brought down to it's 48% by brine. The mood is old tarred boat bottoms, metallic rainwater in a barrel, gasoline, moss, wet granite. Good balance, although it's very much focused in a certain direction.
- Quite fond to this kind of profile, reminds me of some less intense bourbon cask Port Ellen.
Pepper with sugary barley drink? Medium smoke and peat, lemon, kippers, vanilla. Less peppery than the 200th anniversary 12 year old, and much lesser peat than expected!
More intense than the nose suggested! More smoke and peat, some coal, salty and sweet at the same time. Lemons and some rock sugar at the end
Quite long, with lemon, pepper and some smoke.
- Fresh, slightly smoky, with wonderful cereal sweetness in the mouth - and - no sherry!
- Only two reviews for that whisky so long? Strange!!!
Young Islay south shore. Iodine, medicinal, smoked fish, sea breeze, exhaust fumes, green apples and something quite sweet underneath. Ashes. Olives.
This is lovely! Though I am not a huge fan of young peaters this one really pleases me. Initially sweet and salty, olives, olive oil, it get´s dry very soon. Ashy.
slightly bitter in the finish but pleasingly so. Ashy. Quite long
- Tasting Notes: