- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Sherry Matured
- Bourbon / Oloroso Sherry / Bourbon
- Batch 37
- 57.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 02 Apr 2017 11:54 am by Alex
2 × in wishlist
38 × member ratings
99 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Amrut Intermediate
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.88 points
- Am I the only one who gets quite a bit of sulphur on this one? It spoils the fun a bit... Still, a good malt, marred by one flaw.
- This Amrut malt was first aged in ex-bourbon barrels
then in Oloroso barrels and again at the end
Matured in ex-bourbon barrels. That for only a few years
but in a tropical climate with significantly higher
Temp. As e.g. in a Scottish warehouse.
This leads to a much faster ripening. So is this one
Whisky despite rel. a real short time in a sherry barrel
Sherry bomb. (modern profile) Of those used
Ex-Bourbon barrels is hardly anything to taste.
This whisky is very for sherry whisky lovers too
recommend. I got Cask Str. From the ExBOurbon barrel
a little more promised.
- On the nose, strong spices, macerated fruits and alcohol!
After a little wait, the fruits stand out more than a compote a little overcooked!
On the palate, it is always strong, the aged, sodden wood comes out, then the dusty sherry side on the half-cooked, simmered fruits, on the dates "turned", almost fermented, returns!
In the final, it's rather short, relatively but on the same aromas!
A dram that made me think of Kavalan sherry