- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Sherry Matured
- Bourbon / Sherry / Bourbon
- Number of bottles
- 57.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Bottle code
- Batch 01
- Added on
- 24 Sep 2010 11:19 am
30 × in wishlist
410 × member ratings
702 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Amrut Intermediate
51 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.26 points
- The spastic Indian cousin of Kavalan Solist Sherry.
- Wonderfully strong sherry with an orangey/Cointreau tang in the mouth. For something only in a sherry cask for a period between other woods it has oodles of taste. Very strong sulphur note makes it quite a standout.
The thing that is wrong is the name: I know the sherry is intermediate to the other maturations but it does not exactly scream at you from the shelves with a name like that.
Pungent. Lemon quark with mint. Honey, a little bit of embers. A touch of orange peel. Dishcloths.
Light honey, some pepper. Cornflakes. Warm mineral water. Slight sharpness.
- Peatbogger has got this spot on. In no way a great whisky, and I struggle to even call it a good one. I don't like slightly overwooded cognac, I like whisky, if you like cognac you should buy this because that is what the profile is, it doesn't taste like whisky.
I have tried a few of the Amrut 'whiskies' and have now decided that they are not to my taste, they are overly spicey, hot, and cognacy..... they lack class, finesse and are just not that good.
Massively overrated. I wonder why certain people think so highly of them....Could be a matter of taste...but when people call what I consider overt dryness and wood-overdose 'star anise' you have to wonder.... I dunno. Perhaps just a matter of taste.This is a heady whisky imitation made in India but cunningly marketed as an above premium product.
The marketting department of Amrut are the real craftsmen in this operation in my opinion. I'll finish the bottle.....but it's not much of joy.
- Light sherry, hints of citrus fruits, good sweetness but not sticky, no sulphur and no leather - just young and easy drinkable. OK, the price should be lower but why not?
- Amrut Intermedit sherry are DICONTINUED now...i think is time for buy some for drink in 2020