- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Virgin Oak
- 46.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- label since 2017
- Added on
- 07 Mar 2017 1:08 pm by Ras Mazunga
9 × in wishlist
130 × member ratings
240 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Deanston Virgin Oak
34 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.38 points
- by the campfire on the long arm of m measuring cup with the guys from the synchronized gymnastics group exactly what you need
- I bought this at the distillery, why? Because I liked it and I haven't had it before, it's not as if Deanston has a wide range to choose from.
Vanilla, ripe banana, orange zest, custard cream biscuit, Mango jam, new balsa wood ,the stuff you get with a model airplane, some cooked pasta and some spice, not sure what.
Cream cake, banana sandwiches like my mother used to make in thick white bread with lots of butter, some white pepper, it has a nice creamy mouth feel, you can taste lots of new wood and ice-cream wafer.
A long to medium chalky finish with some sort of banana flavoured candy.
- Easy drinking, good value - what's not too like?
- This is a very good NAS whisky. For the quality of the maturation and casks used in combination with its price, this is unbeatable. This is the scottish bourbon. With sympathetic presentation: unchillfiltered, natural colour and 46,3%. How wonderful is that!
Full, sweet bourbon. Fresh, slightly underripe fruit. Sugar glaze. Cooked kidney beans.
With water it is softer, sweet ripe fruit basket. Hint of aromatic wood, almost tobacco. Lemon glaze.
The arrival is sweet and hot and long. The development is short and hefty to hot citrus and bitter wood.
With water the taste improves enormously. The arrival is ‘open’, sweet and minerally. And develops to candied oranges. Little spiciness in the background.
For its age the finish is rather long, sweet and bitter, with a touch of smoke. Most probably the active cask maturation is doing the talking here.
- Great value.
On the nose and the taste, the ripped banana is notable and make the dram amazing.
Considering the price is one of the best NAS out thete
- Interesting experience of the taste, the young oak ...
Sweet, lemongrass, fresh, vanilla, oak
Sweet, unripe lemon, vanilla, toffee, hay
Short, spicy, young oak
- a top NAS budget friendly whisky, that keeps on developping in your glass for quite a long time. rich and versatile, this is great bang for your buck!
raisins, bread/dough,sage, grassy and floral: quite lovely off the start. another 20 minutes in and the shy vanilla and honey notes join in.
the nose continues and after 20 or so minutes it develops further with some butterscotch, vanilla and honey with a soft woody note. Another 10 minutes in and a wee bit of peat joins in.
long, dry. after 20 minutes it softens out and some oil and nuts linger on.
- Fruity, intense, with a clear influence of the barrel. Very successful at the PLV! Highly Recommended.
- n22, t21, f20, b21
Strong, fragrant, bitter, worth the money
Iodine, peach skin, honey, candies, caramel
Stout stout, bitter orange, salted caramel, prunes
Powerful, alcohol: bitter orange almonds