- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- Sherry Casks
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L 06 06 16
- Added on
- 29 Sep 2016 5:01 pm by Norbs
3 × in wishlist
20 × member ratings
12 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glengoyne 25-year-old
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.11 points
- PO2017 - Day 18
- Tasted and scored during a blind tasting competition in May/June 2017. (PO17)
The Sherry cask is rather dominant in this one. Overruling the distillery profile for me.
I went for a Speysider - GlenSherry,
- Tasted this blind and would have sworn this was a sherried Speysider. I took a guess it was a Longmorn. Alcohol content seems higher then 48% on the palate.
Leather, tobacco, raisins, milk chocolate. Sharp and earthy. Don't smell anything else than the sherry notes.
Fatty sherry. Not really the earthy sherry I smelled, more red fruits on the palate: raspberry, cherries and strawberries. Minty, herbal, spicy with clove and mace.
White pepper, sickly sweet, reasonably warm. Long and dry with a lot of salt. Tobacco comes back in the finish, and some spices like clove and nutmeg.
- Blind tasted during ProefOlympics 2017
Chocolate, raisin cake, cherry, touch of sulfur, strawberries, metallic tone, cranberry, apple, orange and hint of maggi.
Cherries, strawberries, dark chocolate, raisins, hazelnut, hint of maggi herbs, hints of metal, honey, cranberry, apple and orange peel.
Medium to long, greasy, light pepper, hazelnut, cranberry, elastic, garlic and orange peel.
- Quite Glengoyne-y. Not really better than the 21YO, so not worth its money.
Sherry but a bit clean initially. Caramel, raisin, apple and cranberry. Water adds clay.
Raisin, apple, caramel and a little hazelnut. Again that clay when adding water, plus praliné.
Raisin, apple and caramel.