- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- American Oak Ex-Bourbon Barrels
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- 11.1 ppm
- Added on
- 02 Oct 2015 4:10 pm by Meulie
13 × in wishlist
55 × member ratings
158 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for An Cnoc Rascan
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.62 points
- Until a Whiskybase technical issue is resolved:
I am restricted to provide only a rating and a link to my reviews:
- Aromas starts with medicine and iodine notes, and slightly moves to sweet fruits, apples, floral, vanilla and sea salt notes.
Light peat smoke, spices, oak cask and apples on taste.
Long finish starts with spices, and goes with light peat, oak cask dryness, vanilla and apples notes.
I like it! It had good combination on gently peat smoke with perfume, fruits and floral sweetness.
- Less peated and more refind than the AnCnoc Cutter. Time to buy another bottle of this.
Very good and nice combination of smoke, honey sweetness and a little vanilla wrapped in an oily thickness. Same light ashy and medicinal touch as in the AnCnoc Cutter. Perhaps this is the typical AnCnoc nose ?
A good mouthfilling body, not too heavy and sweet on the lips. A nice balance between sweetness and spices. Little lemon freshness. A bit of bitterness at the end but nothing disturbing at all.
Good medium finish full of sweetness and a little smoke.
- In itself a good whisky, but he could have tolerated more alcohol.
Smoke, burning straw, carnation, citrus, cherry, some caramel
Smoke, burning straw, citrus, clove, caramel,
Short to medium long, smoky