- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch
- Charred American Oak Barrels
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 15 Jun 2015 1:21 pm
12 × in wishlist
126 × member ratings
288 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bulleit 95 Rye
27 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.56 points
- This is good. I like how the spice completely overcome the initial sweetness.
Very sweet. Roasted vanilla, lots of vanilla. A hint of coco nut. Fruityness of orange peel and green apples. Leather cream that turn more into nail polish when the nose get to deep in the glass.
And karloff is spot on with the cola jelly sweets, I like those... and they're really there.
This one grows a lot if you roll it for a while. A small quick sip and it feels a bit weak and thin, but take a larger mouthful and roll it around and it gets more and more creamy and spices start to bite. Licorice and dark juicy cherries.
Medium + lenght, sweet and warm on spices, burnt wood, and more licorice at the end.
- Very nice dram, 87/100. Refreshingly different than scotch, the sweetness is intense and delicate and is beautifully balanced by the spiciness. In addition cooked fruits - very good.
Very spicy, intense licorice. Acts even slightly smoky. Served with vanilla, cooked fruits (apple, banana) covered with honey. Fruit gum. Candied pears. Perfumed floral, delicate. Dried resin. Honey scented candles.
very sweet, very spicy, slightly sour, barely bitter. Liquorice, vanilla, toffee, baked apple, banana. Licorice.
Vanilla, butterscotch, licorice. Spicy, sweet, long lasting. Cooked fennel and licorice. Sparkling spicy on the palate.
- It has a nice aroma, if you like the sweetness of bourbon. But it also smells strong, fresh, fruity, very aromatic.
Nothing stands out, everything is harmonious.
Not the typical bourbon taste. The tastes ripe, old, ... great.
- Very good dram for the extremely cheap price!
Sweet but a bit prickly in the nose, corn?, vanilla, figs, mint
Oi, very spicy, dark, dry, sweet, bourbon, vanilla, mint, a bit watery
long and warm with some spices
- Bulleit Rye is made with a mashbill of 95% Rye and 5% malted barley and is produced in small batches.
- Nice change, easy drinking and cheap.
Rye malt, sweet, cherries and vanilla.
Sugar on top of the tongue. Spicy, woody and herbal notes. Smooth butter and vanilla flavour. Slightly bitter.
Medium finish, sweet and woody. Warm and malty.