- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch
- Charred American Oak Barrels
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 15 Jun 2015 1:21 pm
10 × in wishlist
172 × member ratings
384 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bulleit 95 Rye
32 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.78 points
- Too much taste of mint for me. But still a good and cheap Whisky.
- This is good. I like how the spice completely overcome the initial sweetness.
Very sweet. Roasted vanilla, lots of vanilla. A hint of coco nut. Fruityness of orange peel and green apples. Leather cream that turn more into nail polish when the nose get to deep in the glass.
And karloff is spot on with the cola jelly sweets, I like those... and they're really there.
This one grows a lot if you roll it for a while. A small quick sip and it feels a bit weak and thin, but take a larger mouthful and roll it around and it gets more and more creamy and spices start to bite. Licorice and dark juicy cherries.
Medium + lenght, sweet and warm on spices, burnt wood, and more licorice at the end.
- - really good rye whiskey
- surprisingly good especially for the price
- is great to drink
- good, tasty quality for a great price
mildly sweet first impression, fennel, pleasant and reserved
pleasant, slightly spicy start, not so classic sweetish / strong, rather very spicy, no off-flavors, very pleasant to drink
- Compared to the bulls with and without age information, this does not get better with the time and air in the bottle. Little by little, the sweet aromas fade and the chemical component predominates - 08/13/2020
The first impression is sweet and fruity, orange, nectarine, peach oil, coconut milk, Smarties chocolate, black pepper, it remains ethereal but becomes more and more chemical in the glass over time, solvents, shoe polish
Strong, very spicy, texture is very oily, honey, a little liquorice, wine gum, black pepper, fresh herbs, bitter orange peel, mint, cocoa, dark chocolate, overall very spicy and aromatic
- Refreshingly different - 95% rye content - a fair price for an interesting whiskey!
The alcohol is very nicely integrated!
pleasant seasoning (rye, oak, spices), sweetness;
sweet, oily approach, vanilla, distinctly fennel (tea), cooling, tingling, slightly tart, cloves, spices, liquorice and liquorice;
medium length, tart, distinct oak, decaying to dryness;
- Very nice dram, 87/100. Refreshingly different than scotch, the sweetness is intense and delicate and is beautifully balanced by the spiciness. In addition cooked fruits - very good.
Very spicy, intense licorice. Acts even slightly smoky. Served with vanilla, cooked fruits (apple, banana) covered with honey. Fruit gum. Candied pears. Perfumed floral, delicate. Dried resin. Honey scented candles.
very sweet, very spicy, slightly sour, barely bitter. Liquorice, vanilla, toffee, baked apple, banana. Licorice.
Vanilla, butterscotch, licorice. Spicy, sweet, long lasting. Cooked fennel and licorice. Sparkling spicy on the palate.
- It has a nice aroma, if you like the sweetness of bourbon. But it also smells strong, fresh, fruity, very aromatic.
Nothing stands out, everything is harmonious.
Not the typical bourbon taste. The tastes ripe, old, ... great.