- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Wood Finish
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- American Oak + PX Sherry Butts Finish
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 29 Jan 2015 8:12 pm by riesenwattwurm
6 × in wishlist
40 × member ratings
109 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for BenRiach Heredotus Fumosus
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.89 points
- A competent sherried Speysider with sweet smoke and malt to match. Makes a pleasant change from the Islay Peat Giants.
- Poured blind, I'd almost believe this is an old Islay. Sweet sherry edges out peat and makes for a balanced dram.
Wow. Depth and sherry dominance, but not overwhelming. peat hangs in the background and sherry cake spice tumbles around. Fantastic sherry, malt and balance with the peats and Sherry.
Balance is the key. Comes off like an older malt, maybe 60's Laga... balanced sherry with peat permeability. Lots going on here, sherry cake and burnt strawberry, fruit cake and candied almonds. Fruit forward, sherry dominant and peat throughout.
Brief, pear carries this one. Lapsang Suchon and oak spice. Lots of oak spice, clove and Mace... big sherry in the finish but it has lightened up quit a bit, more a touch bitter and campfire ash. Yum.
- great sweet smoky whisky.... Recall I immediately bought 2 bottles at the Distillery after trying at the tasting bar there, great complex smoke, also while 12 is on the label the whisky within was much older than 12 as the person in charge said, Tasting profile supports that and that's why I bought in the UK despite higher prices than in Germany because at least that certain bottling was special :) and one of the last ones because the old warehouse stock did not last forever.
- A great malt!
pleasant "ham smoke", exotic sweet fruits (melon?);
mild, soft onset, warming, oak, low smoke, light sweetness, currants;
long, smoky; in the end, an interplay of fruit and smoke;