- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Calculated age
- 36 years old
- 1st Fill Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 57.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 15 Nov 2008 3:52 pm
34 × in wishlist
112 × member ratings
93 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Caperdonich 1972 GM
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.83 points
- I like this sherried style whiskies a lot. Not to compare with the also excellent Caperdonich's 1972 of Duncan Taylor. A Caperdonich to remember for a long time.
Wow, what a nose! Lots of burnt wood, heavy sherry and dried fruits. Cinnamon. Also some earthy and even floral notes. I never tasted such a sherried Caperdonich before.
Massive tannines! Warm mouthfeel. Sweet sherry followed by a lot of hot spices (red peppers). Pure chocolate and dark coffee. A true sherry monster.
Very long. Sweet and oaky. Some peppermint at the end.
- In the nose their is a strange `earth` note
retasted it this weekend, it is excellent, very heavy sherry.
- This is an excellent dram, a sherry bomb but not overpowering, some herbal notes in the finish that I really like. Excellent
- Ahhh, Caperdonich is already 2 times in my only 6 x 95s, that will probably mean something. Dreamcloth. One of those very rare, where one is sad to drink, because one does not want to miss the aroma the whole week ...
Meets exactly my taste, just perfect sherry with meaty notes, without much dryness or bitterness.
Bacon, mango, papaya, maracuja, the brain explodes with all the juicy fleshy aromas, passion fruit, ginger, cinnamon, rumrosins, demerara sugar, cumin, turmeric, saffron, cherries, raspberries, figs, dates, sweet licorice, truffle butter, dark honey , Chestnuts, maple syrup, a dream
Lots of raisins, light and dark, noble leather, chestnut, blueberry jam, old tobacco box, bacon, mango, papaya, passion fruit, orange and ginger jam, cherry syrup, Demerara sugar, cumin and turmeric again, sweet licorice, truffles, saffron, figs and dates, maple syrup , Parma ham
Eternal, astringent, oiled, old leather, chestnut liqueur, sweet, moist tobacco, blood orange, pomegranate, candied grapefruit pieces
- A nice, intense whisky. But in my view, no high-flyer. The aromas are quite complex, but difficult to detect, the alcohol is rather poorly integrated and the massive wood influences, especially in the finish you have to like.
Mon Cherry Cherry, sweetness, vanilla, cinnamon. This is followed by Christmas spices, black tea and a slightly dusty note
Sharp starting with cherry and some chocolate. The alcohol is rather poorly integrated and burns.
Long finish with strong oak, some bitterness and a hint of smoke.