- Distillery Bottling
- 51.4 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 25 Oct 2013 5:23 am
4 × in wishlist
55 × member ratings
178 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Nikka Whisky from the Barrel
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.57 points
- Tasted at Story Tellers: Tasting Whisky in January 2018
- I have had good and not so good batches. This one, without a bottle code, was very good.
really nice nose. fruity, orange, nuts, dried fruits, milk chocolate, cinammon
sweet and fruity with a good measure of spices
Long and fruity
- Tasty again after nearly five years, this time at a joint event with Duthoron and his friend Pedro. The package was changed, the bottle was no longer in a nice tin box, but only in a black paper box, the bottle label disappeared. But the content is more important, and this time he was sitting even better than he once used in my bottle.
Strongly fruity, with a bourbon touch, then caramel and spice. (86 b)
Power is to know, lots of chocolate, heavy fruit. Sweet with a sparkling alcohol that is pleasant, she adds to her grace. (86 b)
- This is a blend done right. Yum
Rich , spicy oak. Woody vanilla. Cinnamon. New leather. Roasted nuts. Cafe latte, maybe a chai latte.
Rich nutty notes. More oak. Tinned fruit. More of a distinguishable pure vanilla note now. Stewed pears and apricots. Minor hint of the grain spirit bitterness showing through.
Long. Woodspice. Roasted almonds. Some lingering hints of stewed fruits and vanilla custard. Bit of a grainy after taste.
- Single dram. Blind tasting. Regionals 2014_08
Came 3rd, w 8.04 pts
spicey, leather polish, stewed fruits, dunnage, creamy, dunnage, coconut, faint smoke, faint cardboard, faint metalic notes (86).
oily, crisp, sweet, garden fruits, (86).
vanilla, tobacco, drying, malty, faint smoke (85).