- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Sherry Oak
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Sherry Oak Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- english / français
- Added on
- 02 Sep 2013 12:50 pm
10 × in wishlist
29 × member ratings
121 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan 12-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.59 points
- Flavoured water.
- Metallic taste in the arrival. Somewhat acrid.
Didn't like it.
- Nose: Big sherry just i like. A classic Macallan! Sheer joy, Sultanas, plums, some orange peel as well, all very thick and luscious and syrupy. I like this one very very much.
Palate: Sweet stuff! Sultanas in liquor, some chocolate notes, plums, prunes, a real festivity of all dried fruit, sugar and some spice. Ace!
Finish: Long fruity (dried fruit remain for some time), with wee hints of cocoa.
In one word: Ace. a real gem of a dram.
- A very pleasant Sherrymalt. Delicious!
Powerful sherry with dark fruits, sweetness and a hint of raisins rise to the nose, subtle notes of wood with a light fruit.
Again, a lot of sherry, creamy and sweet in the mouth, a wooden taste paired with fruit and sherry again.
The fruity finish is long and strong. After the last sherry has vanished, a subtle bitter, slightly woody note remains on the palate. Somehow I can not define this taste, in any case it is a pleasant aftertaste or aftertaste.
- Armin Fuchs and me found this bottle in almost every bar during our stay in Japan in spring 2015.
- Quick single dram.
Not worth the money for me.
Modern Speyside character with some fuits.
After about 30 min it gets profoundly better/fuller with sweetness and chocolate, some raisins.
Vanilla and spices from the cask. Nutty.
Woody with some raisins.
- The nose and finish are a good to great feel for sherry. The finish leaves your mouth watering and craving more. It is tough to have just 1 dram, can be a bit too much sherry at some points, but overall very strong. 87/100
Dried fruits, raisins, dates, pruins a bit of honey and a fantastic aroma of Sherry.
Light to full body, Chocolate, heavy oak, berry, marzupan
Medium to long finish, A drop of water can help to open up the wonderful Sherry notes on the end, candied dates, walnuts linger on the pallate along with other dried fruit. Allspice, clove, and a bit of brown sugar near the end.