- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bourbon and Oloroso Sherry Wood
- 44.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- New Label (2012)
- Added on
- 07 Jun 2013 12:52 pm
9 × in wishlist
68 × member ratings
204 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.38 points
- The nose has something that doesn't convey good to my taste - not a flaw but a feel. The overall feel of it is watery and the finish ends so quick it's almost gone as if it was just never there
Custard, dried prunes, a pinch of vinous acidity over hay, spices
In the mouth, starting on some acridity, which I'd describe as young, followed by custard and caramelly chocolate and then some cinnamon and a bit of dark chocolate
Finishes on alcohol and dried apricot yet very short
- Intens nose with spices and dries fruits. Nice body and medium after taste. Slightly sweet, but pleasant.
- Drunk in isolation, and not compared against other whiskies, I found this one stood out with quite a deep toffee flavour and notes of dried fruit. I would buy it and drink it again.
Sherry, vanilla, dark fruits, oranges, leather
Spicy, orange peel, oak
Medium long with ginger and liquorice
Very spicy Dalmore, has power.
- A good malt, available in the liter bottle in travel retail;
full ripe dark fruits, sherry, noticeable spiciness, oak, leather, cinnamon;
strong spicy onset (oak, pepper), fruity, orange peel, dark chocolate, cocoa, cinnamon;
medium-length finish, sherry and oak fade away;
- An extremely balanced, full bodied whisky with a lot going on. An incredibly complex finish and a playful nose that really opens up with some water, but not much is needed. The Cabernet finish can really be done well and make this an excellent dram. I've had this before at bars and pubs and it has been very good. This is the first couple drams I've had of a bottle I just bought myself for the first time and I think it was better than I remembered. 93/100
Heavy, creamy notes of spice and fruit. Some slight floral as well. Honey, cinnamon mixed with raisins and chocolate.
Lots of dried fruit and chocolate a waxy note, slight burn on front of toungue excellent with a drop of water.
Long, complex, slight smoke in the back of palate, dried fruit, oak, chocolate sweet caramel and honey with cinimon. changes a few times over the course of 60 seconds or so. This is designed for the cigar smoker to combine with a smoke and long finish.