- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Sherry Matured
- Bourbon / Sherry / Bourbon
- Batch 06
- 57.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 04 Dec 2012 7:32 pm
2 × in wishlist
31 × member ratings
50 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Amrut Intermediate
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.07 points
- There's sherry here for sure but it's not that fresh or that fruity. I last tried this 4 years ago and remembered it not being that good, and tonight, it's still not that good. Sawdust, metals, and plastic. It's also got some rotten egg smell. It's all over the place and not very cohesive. It's like adding sherry into a dead whisky. I scored this an 85 points 4 years ago. I think I will be less kind today. 80 points.
- The whisky is ok for this price range. The sherry taste is clear, but not strong. The alcohol is more noticeable than the Yamazaki. Nevertheless, I find the acceptable for the price. No annoying smoke and much better than John Paul. Ideal for at the poker table. I like the PX with the Tiger even better, it costs more than twice as much. on Neudeutsch : this gutt for drinking. No ashtray has, but good scherri. Alk make steam like black BMW with spoiler what crashing faster than VW Disel from kollega has little horsepower this. Can water bathe this, then drink is very good.
- This is again a very good Amrut.
The sherry and bourbon are keeping a boxing match where the fight is almost synonymous. Lovely nose of a whisky that can tolerate some water.
More of the same. Very good but again it can use quite a bit of water. You won't drown it. On the contrary. More and more flavours emerge after adding water: fruit, spices, flowers, some vanilla, ...
Long and lasting.
- A good sherry (tasted a first time and very alcoholic - aeration has done a lot of good).
Many spices-cinnamon-, sugar, nuts (hazelnuts). A powerful but pleasant nose.
A powerful sherry, on spices, chocolate, dried fruits, and woody notes.
Long, on wood and spices.