102 × in wishlist
233 × member ratings
152 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glengoyne 1972 MoS
33 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.50 points
- Bottle # 202 sold empty at ebay.
- A big boy sherried whisky, but considering its status and price, I was a bit surprised that it is not more complex. Very, very good no doubt with superb balance, but I was hoping for old rancio or old books and did not find them in this one. A straightforward great sherry bomb.
- In 1-2016 this whisky was sold on whiskyauction for 1332€.
- Still ????
- Quick notes from a blind tasting.
What a delicious syrup ! Great whisky, unfortunately so expensive nowadays.
Fragrant and rich sherry nose. Candied fruits, prunes, figs, precious wood, tobacco and some coconuts. And more.
Red fruits, dried fruits, leather, spices and the coconut again.
Long, fruity, slightly oaky.
- The Whisky Show Old & Rare Glasgow 23 - 24 February 2019
- This is one of the greatest sherry whiskys I've tasted so far.
Enormously multi-layered, intense and dense in the grandiose nose, in the mouth sweet, full, luscious. Not at all overdone or sticky, everything fits. Enormously long, balanced and expressive finish.
Dark cherries, plums, best fruity sherry, sweet. Waxy oak, orange marmalade, ripe mango, lots of honey, heavy tropical flowers, a little bourbon vanilla and cardamom. Dark chocolate. Floor wax. Constantly changing. Enormously deep and wonderfully expressive. Great nose.
Sweet, full, lush, velvety and wonderfully exotic fruity. Fine fruity sherry, honey, mango and again the heavy flowers, orange marmalade. Star fruit.
The aroma continues: here too, wonderfully exotic fruity and honey-king. Very harmonious, nice long, polished and round. Nothing bothers.
- Mental institution!