- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Pure Malt
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 70 (proof)
- 757 ml
- 26 ²/³ fl. ozs, 70° proof
- Added on
- 16 Jun 2012 6:01 pm
3 × in wishlist
37 × member ratings
22 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Longmorn 12-year-old GM
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.80 points
- From a flat rectangular mini (70proof, gold top).
I wouldn't call this a bright, fresh nose, but there is some subtle fruits, dry leaves, black herbal tea. There's a bit of chartreuse. It's quite nice actually.
Sweet black tea, some dried fruits like green raisins and apricots, honey, a bit bitter, but a good, viscous mouth feel.
Bitterness lingers on, a bit metallic, honey.
- http://kaypingers-whiskyblog.de/frontend/fullarticle.php?id=293 Colour: Old Gold Nose: Rather thin and restrained nose with caramel and toffee. Sticky sweet in combination with sugar and honey this 80% dominates the nose. A little orange, flavors of hemp rope, some cereals and a slightly sour herbal marinade. Taste: Thick and mouth-filling structure with hints of orange and again these sour herbs. In addition, nuts, wood, caramel, mocha, Turkish coffee and liquorice Finish: Rather short - no fruit or sweet notes anymore. Slightly thin and diluted, as well as fading away with the remaining notes of taste. 84 points N: 83P / G: 85P / F: 83P
- This Whisky was sold for 186,-€ at Whiskyauction 04/2016
- Very good smelling whisky. After 15 minutes more and more wood appears and taking over.