- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Amoroso Oloroso
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Bourbon + Oloroso Sherry Butts Finish
- 41.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Spencerfield Spirits Co. Ltd.
- Added on
- 25 May 2012 2:47 pm
2 × in wishlist
23 × member ratings
53 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Sheep Dip 1999
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 76.81 points
- This is a surprisingly good drink with a very nice story. Meanwhile the idea has been followed by several bottlers, but the product was certainly worth it. The rest also disappeared from the store between buying and emptying. This is a bottle that I would have liked to have had one more.
- This is certainly different! It came highly recommended so i was keen to try it. Ridiculously rich nose, full of sweet vanilla (it actually reminded me of Coke floats I used to get as a treat when I was a kid). After a while though, it became too much of a good thing. The crazy levels of vanilla sweetness continue on the palate, masking any other complexity. The finish is medium length, but once again sickly sweet. It`s probably not fair to compare this to other more `standard` whiskies because it is just sooooo different. I can imagine some people absolutely loving it, just not me I`m afraid. Having said that...I`m going to keep this bottle in the cupboard to try again as a post dinner dram one night and see if you need to be `in the mood` to appreciate it fully.
- Very strange stuff. Interesting but not that great.
Light, peachy, lightly floral with a blast of spearmint
Chicory, coffee and a feather of sulphury bitterness. A fistful of jelly beans.
Glace cherries, cool mint and Werthers Originals.