- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Edition
- Bourbon, Matusalem Sherry, Cabernet Sauvignon
- 44.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label (2012)
- Added on
- 24 Feb 2012 5:00 pm
25 × in wishlist
321 × member ratings
718 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve
36 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.58 points
- Looks pretty young to me. Light fruity. Almost a bit put on in the direction of chewing gum. Some cocoa over time. A subtle acidity in the taste - reminiscent of orange. Mild and rather short on the finish.
- The Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve comes up short on the palate, even though the nose has many redeeming qualities.
An overall sweetness with dried fruits, but also plums, orange peel with a hint of triple sec. Touches of vanilla, honey, mead and a whiff of cappuccino as well. Finally some brown sugar. Very pleasant and neatly balanced.
Sweet but with bitter notes of espresso and burnt caramel. There's toffee, fudge and chocolate, but also a fair amount of spices.
Lingering bitterness. Medium in length. Finally some sweetness.
- Not bad, but weak for cigar malt, and not too good in price / value ratio. 83/84.
Orange peel, sherry, waxy fruits, citruses, marzipan and a touch of wine.
Vanilla, spicy oak, sherry, honeyed banana, forest fruits and orange peel.
Medium length, spicy, dry.
- Very pleasant whisky. Feels somewhat young, but well balanced and gives good overall impression. However, I didn't manage to taste it together with a cigar :)
Dried fruits (plum), caramel, orange zest, dark chocolate, sherry
Spicy, slightly smoky, vanilla
Medium-long, warm, dry, spicy
orange peel takes over, dry tobacco finish
- On the nose, sherry, oaky, and strong vanilla.
In the mouth, pastry sensation, caramel "toffee", vanilla, spices too, then fruits a little macerated (cooked orange, raisins de Corinth), it is very sweet, but also monolithic!
In the end, long on the same flavors, like a bourbon in fact, lacking subtlety.
A dram to drink in syrup, where to remember a typicity "Dalmorienne"!
- Great NAS, priced he should like but like 20, - less cost. ;) Otherwise, I like the slight exotic hints in it.
Cinnamon, caramel, berries, vanilla, Sherrylastig, a little exotic but also comes through (therefore probably suitable for Cigars)
Great fruits, sherry with banana caramel sweets, mango, with vanilla-eos, cinnamon, ground spices, berry bushes, orange
Spicy, ginger, clove, sherry, medium-long