- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- 45.8 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 21 Dec 2010 11:13 pm
2 × in wishlist
19 × member ratings
58 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 18-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.76 points
- Nothing wrong with this but I just find it a bit boring, especially if the bottle has oxidizied for a while.
- UK Bottling with 700ml added now
- Score is for a 700ml bottle from 2008 that isn`t on WB yet
- Not big and bold whisky, but luxurious and elegant with just the right amount of peat smoke. Love it. There is always one in my cabinet - of course for drinking.
- Talisker is known for its unique spicy flavour with an above average peat content (while not as peaty as an Islay malt). The "spicy" character (also described as "firey" or "salty") comes from the water, malted barley, distilling method, barrels, and aging process used by the Talisker Distillery on the Isle of Skye. In 2007 Talisker 18 year old won "Best Single Malt In The World 2007" at the World Whiskies Awards.
- Love this 18 yr old, sophisticated, vibrant. This is a deep and rich whisky! Lots of oak, lemongrass, fruit and a knock out punch at the finish. Much like the one Rocky Balboa put on Mr. T. in the final round in RockyIII. Powerful whisky and is getting to be a challenge to find.
- The typical Talisker in the nose, Island, peat and smoke, combined with a balanced sweetness, round and pleasant. Any time to drink.