- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Added on
- 03 Aug 2007 8:33 pm
12 × in wishlist
289 × member ratings
853 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore Legend
45 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.17 points
- For my money I was a lifesaver, but I feel that the alcohols are young, covered by a trail of light Ailovsky haze, but for a sophisticated company it’s just the conversation.
- Nice peaty infusion, almost had the impression to drink a refreshing peaty tea. And it is not way more expensive than a cup of tea actually (bought for about 20€ in France). Not too complex, but has taste and is not boring, perfect for the price.
Apple/lime/some I-don't-know-what's-in-it herbal infusion/pepper/soft cake-y peat
- Iodized nose, light peat with hints of guano, limestone and wet grass. Thick humidity, medicinal touch, quite spicy vanilla, floral hints, white grapes. In the mouth, it is a little tart, we unearth a hint of pear and honey, a little taste of iron filings. Little spices, white pepper and herbs from Provence. The finish is sparkling, peppery without being too much, a little rough. It doesn't take long on the palate. Mirabelle plums and small yellow apples.
- Maritime, salty, slightly peaty (relative), sweet, soft and yummy. Pleasant, but special, in a good way.
Smoky peaty, but very weak and very shy. Maybe the 40% owed. Nevertheless, the nose is quite nice, nice round with clearly peat.
Smoke, peat, some fruit, something "wet sock".
Smoke, peat, some fruit, some menthol.
- Probably the best in the smell, the insignificant taste it squeezes down, but for the price it's not bad
Green apples combined with sweet gum, glue, iodine, peat and salt
The taste is slightly pale - oily, peat, iodine and a little salt
In reverberation mainly iodine and peat with a spicy finish
- Nice whisky, though the sea breeze is not so refreshing and the fruits are not so juicy as in versions with age statement. 77/100
Review in Russian: