- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Sherry Oak
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Sherry Oak Casks from Jerez
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L0495SL2 03/11
- Added on
- 12 Aug 2018 3:06 pm by RL_whisky
one in wishlist
15 × member ratings
57 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan 12-year-old
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.08 points
- expensive yes, but still very well made.
- Scent: sherry. Brown sugar. Macallan oak.
Flavor: light sherry. Very light vanilla. Let macallan oak.
- Seems older than 12 years old. In general, I liked the aroma the most, not as wine as 12FO, more mature and tastier, Glenlivet 18 recalled but not as rich. Cognac whisky, soft.
Sweet oranges, apples, tangerines, jam, pollen, honey, sweet wood, cinnamon, vanilla, liquor sweetness like in cognac.
Light sweetness, very creamy, dates, barrel bitterness.
Simple, the sweetness quickly leaves, the smack of oak aging remains.