84.50/100
Strength
12/389
26 Dec 2017 7:35 am by Dasch72

Whisky Reviews for Springbank 18-year-old

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.50 points

1. Palindrome scored this whisky 84 points Expert Senior

This was an off year. My home state in USA had a black and white label to indicate a change in distributor. I believe an accident was made at the distillery and some 10 year old got put in 18 year old bottles. I saved two unopened bottles of each and took them to a whisky tasting event. Everyone agreed it was the same whisky in each bottle and that whisky was the 10.

Other purple colored labels I'm sure didn't have this problem and I do not call foul play. It was an honest mistake from my favorite distillery. But still, it should have been recalled, IMO. I wrote to the distillery and the whole thing was swept under the carpet. That reaction (or lack thereof) turned me off for several years but the quality of the whisky eventually won me back.

2. Tano77 scored this whisky 85 points Member Senior