Most of the site now is for new housing but part is also used as a mill for Diageo according to latest information.
This has two huge Mash tuns with a total of 30000 gallons, 2 wash stills holding 6500 gallons each but it had 10 small spirit stills that were small by industry standards of the time between 600-1200 gallons each.
Average output was 350000 gallons
The bonded warehouses held up to 8000 casks
Dundashill distillery stood by Craighall Road (A879) in the city of Glasgow.
John Harvey established the place in 1770.
In 1899 Malt Whisky production was stopped and Coffey Stills for Grain Whisky production were installed.
After that the owner changed several times and in 1902 it was closed. In 1903 it was purchased by DCL but it was never to re open and was dismantled apart from a few smaller buildings that remained until a housing development was built on the site.
Port Dundas, Glasgow