The Old Tullamore Distillery was an Irish whiskey distillery which was established in Tullamore, County Offaly, Ireland, in 1829.
The original home of Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey, the distillery closed in 1954, having endured financial difficulties for many years, like many Irish whiskey distilleries of the early 20th century.
The Tullamore Dew brand was later sold to John Powers & Co., now part of Irish Distillers, with production transferred to the Midleton Distillery.
In 2010, the brand was purchased by William Grant & Sons, who invested €35 million in the construction of a new distillery in Tullamore.
The new Tullamore Distillery opened in 2014, bringing production of the whiskey back to Tullamore following a break of sixty years.
In 2012, a whiskey museum, the Tullamore D.E.W. Visitor Centre, opened in a restored former bonded warehouse belonging to the old distillery on Bury Quay.
The Coffey Still which was installed in Tullamore in 1948 was later moved to the Kilbeggan Distillery as a museum exhibit.
Many of the original buildings are still in existence, though their function has changed. These include:
Bob Smyth's Bar and Lounge, Patrick's Street - former millhouse
D.E. Williams House, Patrick Street - former head office
Tullamore D.E.W. Visitor Centre, Bury Quay - former bonded warehouses