Daniel Crawford & Son
Daniel Crawford & Son Ltd was established in 1850 as a whisky merchant at Glasgow’s Queen Street.
The firm was acquired by The Distillers Company Ltd in 1913, on the retirement of owner and chairman Eunig R Crawford. The silent distillery of Parkmore – which had closed in 1931 – was licensed to Daniel Crawford & Sons in 1940, but only the warehousing capacity was utilised.
In 1974 the DCL moved Daniel Crawford & Sons’ premises to Constitution Street in Leith, while the Red Star and Old Matured blends – created principally for export – were produced until the 1980s.
The Glen Stewart blend was marketed through a subsidiary company, The Invercairn Blending Co.