- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 20 Jun 2017 7:07 pm by JSW
one in wishlist
26 × member ratings
67 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach 10-year-old
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.42 points
- Springbank 10y is my favourite standard expression. This Benromach 10y comes a close second followed by Ben Nevis 10y on third place. In all three cases, you get more than what you pay for, even with the recent inflated whisky prices. This whisky remains very affordable under 50€ these days and is an omnipresent bottle in my whisky cabinet. Essential in every collection!
- Very nice dram, very subtle peated and smoke, enough space left for some sweet notes.
Some light peat, smoke. Herbal, gingerbread, brown sugar. Some fruity aspects as well, apples. And vanilla, toffee, milk chocolate.
Still some slight peat and smoke, also a little sal ammoniak, pepper, full body. Some sweet as well, honey.
Light peat and smoke, a little dry mouthfeel, some bitterness arrives, honey. Middle long.
- actually a very nice dram. The finish could have been a little bit longer. A few mor % would improve it.
- This is my favorite whisky at the moment. Affordable, well-available and top quality.
- At 40€ a bottle, this excellent OB is a real steal. It's a perfect beginners' Whisky but actually I shouldn't call it a beginners' Whisky since it is surprisingly mature and complex for its age. What a very pleasant surprise this is! Consists of 80% bourbon barrels and 20% sherry hoggies. A perfect summer dram as well. I think I just discovered my new favourite daily dram.