- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 23 years old
- 46.3 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 07 May 2017 12:33 pm by Feis_ile
25 × in wishlist
34 × member ratings
89 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardbeg Twenty Something
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.31 points
- I had this last night against the Twenty-something 22 yo. I don't think there is a quality difference but rather a preference. This is more forward. Again, hints towards the older Ardbeg distillery as it leans towards an oily creosote rather than a drier peat smoke of current distillery offerings.
- This is a very good Ardbeg. I liked it even more the second time I tried it. Unfortunately, the price is rather daunting.
Slightly smoky, vanilla, sweet corn/cereal grains
Peat smoke, caramel, chocolate, slightly medicinal, very rich and flavorful
Warm and sweet
- Nope, not worth retail at all... If I'm honest with myself, I think a current Uigeadail may better than this one. Still, this is very good. More sweetness than fruitiness, though. ABV is weak. Peat is still there. Quality-wise, I would pay $200 USD for this.
- http://kaypingers-whiskyblog.de/frontend/fullarticle.php?id=294 Color: gold Nose: Dull with leather and waxy cardboard, some tar and delicately salty lime and orange concentrate. In addition, fine vanilla flavors, sweet caramel liqueur, fresh-soft herbs, a little honey with a hint of smoky peat (floral-peaty) and a hint of nut. Taste: Salty, spicy and also rather dull. Citrus notes with fine herbs and lots of vanilla and tingling salt on the tongue. Smoke, peat, wood and some chocolate. Not too sweet and with wet leather to the finish. Finish: Medium length - fresh herbs, subtle smoke, wet coal and peaty phenols. Appearances of cocoa and liquorice develop - beautiful balance between sweetness and tartness! 90 points N: 90P / G: 91P / F: 90P
- This is not a Feis Ile 2017 bottle.
It will be a limited release like the 21yo was.
At present there is no scheduled release date for this bottling. I can confirm that the next Ardbeg release will be An Oa in September or October 2017.