88.00/100
Strength
17/107
01 May 2017 7:18 pm by hnorjordet

Whisky Reviews for Springbank 10-year-old

5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.00 points

1. Jackson05 scored this whisky 90 points Expert Senior

Springbank 10 is my desert island bottle. It’s my warm up dram, my calibration bottle and bang for your buck. This particular batch is my favourite out of the Springbank 10s I’ve had. I prefer it to the 12 cs, 15, 18 and dare I say the 21. Ok let’s not get crazy.. I love everything about it. It beats out many I’ve paid 10x more for (dammit). If you included value in a score it would be at the top. It is one of my favourites. Why?

It oozes character. Great mouthfeel. Perfect balance. Honey, ash, clean peat, ocean spray. Oranges, apricots, peach. Salty. Calcium, mineral, wet rocks.. wool? It’s a holiday in your mouth. The style is perfect for me. Many people prefer the 12cs, but to me it’s sherry dominant and Springbank is suspect at picking a clean sherry cask. My first recommendation for the price. If I could only have one mainstream bottle, this is it. Love Springbank and the people of Campbeltown. Buy it.

2. ldcsh scored this whisky 87 points Expert Junior

3. Simo scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

4. el Gato scored this whisky 89 points Connoisseur

5. el Gato scored this whisky 89 points Connoisseur

Sourness in the first sip was almost gone on the Third sip. Just love this style. Springer 10 always delivers. Such a classy go-to dram
      Lovely. Just like that last 10 I tried. Salty and Coastal. Grassy. Soft smoke layer. Herbs. Moss/Forest. Red berries
    • Taste
      Oily, almost creamy texture. Red berries and the gentle smoke. Pepper. Oranges. A tad sour. Salty and fresh
      Finish pretty long. Salty still. Pepper. Herbal still. Turning more into liquerice now. In the very end, cigar / tobacco.