91.11/100
Single Pot Still
The Whisky Cask Company (TWCC)
23.11.1989
02.2017
Rum Cask
Strength
Label
Missprint: Casktype Bourbon
28 Apr 2017 12:08 pm by Zinni

Whisky Reviews for Beltane 1989 TWCC

15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 91.11 points

1. Dottore scored this whisky 90 points Expert Senior

BLIND TASTING. Interesting whiskey that leaves me a bit clueless regarding Tipp. He reminds me a little bit of Wemyss' Bunnahabhain in 1987, but he had 46%, and I appreciate the alcohol lover here. Age is also difficult to determine. On the one hand, he has brutally caught a lot of influence on the other hand, on the other hand, I feel a bit of metallic youth to feel difficult. But I still believe that I had a whiskey in my glass that was at least full of age. He tasted great. EDIT: A great part, but I still do not recognize Rumfass - what an oak board. Great Irishman, the best I have ever enjoyed
      The Spezi-brown whiskey in the glass promises a concentrated sherry charge in the glass. It could certainly be one of those many young wet sherry barrel whiskeys, but maybe I'll be surprised by an old "bitch" too. I'm curious with what I sweetens our pre-Christmas night we.
      At the beginning as expected rich fermented sweet wine, almost like a really old madeira wine. Pickled cherries. Dates, raisins. Something musty, like a longer unopened shoe box. Yeah, I feel like I'm in an old dusty sherry bodega. The fermented-fruity sweetness is over-dominant, floral notes barely get through. Prominent walnut notes and oak spicy evidence of concentrated oak, which will probably expect me soon. At the very end, a minty freshness flows through the nose.
    • Taste
      Hui is the woody-bitter, where I had a fruity sweetness in the nose, I now suck the barrel bars. Very woody, very bitter. Bitter than walnut. With the second sip, fortunately, the fruit and, above all, a beautifully spicy oak sweetness spreads. Slight coconut addition to cherry flavors again. However, these are immediately submerged in this over-dominant bitterness
      Bitterness and sweetness fight on my tongue a duel for supremacy. Herbs of old sherry cling to the cheeks. The bitterness finally wins. Light metallicity tickles the cheeks.

2. Dram Dracula did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

That's the real color of the whiskey... greenish brown. Another whiskey that had a greenish tint also had rum influence... the famous Springbank dumpy rum cask.

3. addyhd scored this whisky 92 points Connoisseur

I've been told that this baby comes from a rumcask although the lable speaks different .

lots and lots and............ lots of cassis, fanta, black currant, blueberrie, fruitella-candy (the blue forestfruit type),  sweet cough syrup.  What a fantastic whiskey . Thank you Adrenalin

4. Hvdree scored this whisky 92 points Connoisseur

5. topos did not rate this whisky Expert Senior

C Dully at Old & Rare 2020. surprise of the show 9/10
      super funky slightly rotting tropical fruit (a bit lochside-y dare I say), rotting mango
    • Taste
      very rich, lots of mango bubblegum, damp warehouse, a real oil slick with lovely petrol and kerosene

6. Kalleholzbein scored this whisky 92 points Expert Senior

7. dram-drinker scored this whisky 93 points Moderator

Powerful, complex, and though quite balanced, very goo drum cask - fantastic!
      Intense, brown sugar, toasted bread, some green fruits, little leafy, old wood, spices, cloves, dark chocolate, dried dates, little sherry wood - great!
    • Taste
      Punchy, oily, liquorice, good sweetness, dried fruits, plums, dates, figs, toffee, menthol, spices, little herbal, sherry wood, hints of acacia honey - excellent!
      Long, warm, spicy, zesty, more woody, more dried fruits, little tannic

8. Baanaanaabob scored this whisky 92 points Connoisseur

Caramel and tropical fruits very complex, excellent

9. whisky313 did not rate this whisky Specialist

The riddle about the dark whiskey from an alleged bourbon barrel has been solved. The wrong barrel was delivered to the bottler! The clear raisins and marzipan notes reveal the rum barrel. The malt declared as "Pot Still" is actually a "single malt" that came from a Northern Irish distillery.

A total of 213 bottles of original strength 55.2% were produced for the Swiss market, 60 bottles of which came to Germany.

10. kanpai79 scored this whisky 94 points Specialist

Hell of a Whiskey. The best Irish I had so far...and I had many of them. Thx to user macallan for the sample. Stunning experience????????