88.79/100
2016
Strength
03 Mar 2017 7:16 pm by Astrid

Whisky Reviews for Bruichladdich Black Art 05.1

6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.79 points

1. Moses scored this whisky 91 points Connoisseur

After this dram I realized A: What I had missed so far. B: Why everyone writes so much in the notes :-) A surprise for me. And he can not describe that exactly. An ups and downs, a back and forth. Very blatant part! Hot ! But not more than 230EUR!
    The next bargain will be a house whisky.
      Wow, the nose is (for me) overwhelming. The last time I had something in the glass (also of the color) was a Glen Elgin 1997 GM. At first I was just happy. I do not want to lose myself in Klein Klein with nouns. This nose is only for the special, who can appreciate that. Fruit and Floral notes of the extra class! What's going on ! So cool. I have to open the 04.1 too !! Done deal.
    • Taste
      Now you need 1. a lot of time, 2. some water, 3. a big one and in between a very small sip.
      Who takes the time here spends the evening in the whisky sky. A mouthfeel made to measure and everything very harmoniously intertwined. Spicy, sweet, sour, malty, leathery, what do I know what. Thanks to Bruichladdich !!
      Very long! Very balanced with everything your heart desires. Spicy Christmas biscuits with floral notes to measure. Peppery malty and everything so mature. Hammer!

2. Mephisto scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

Very pleasent nose, sweet with syrup. A little bit dusty, orange and orange peel. "winter fruits", but not fresh at all, and winter feeling. Very mature. A lot of wood with herbs (cloves, maybe a hint of cinnamon) in the nose. Maybe nuts, maybe almond. After a while very nice vanilla is present.
    The body comes with pleasant bitterness, not too sweet. Malt. Wood and herbs again very present, not so much fruits. A bit spicy. The alcohol is not perfectly embedded from my point of view, this decreases my rating. Gently vanilla is also available after some sips. Also in the finish vanilla stays for a while. Dark chocolate.
    Very nice whisky for sure, but from my point of view too expensive (and thus maybe a bit overrated :-)).

3. Moses scored this whisky 91 points Connoisseur

By Serge
    , extra comments: I don’t think it’s that bad, really, I’m just not into this style. I know, I’m really pressing that point. Love the young clean OBs ten times better.

Fazit: Man muss die Wein Geschichten mögen.

4. c2abusus scored this whisky 88 points Member Junior

Adam Hannett goes to great lengths, but at the latest on leaving you here (and even more at 06.1) that the good barrels go out slowly ...
      Fruity oak, honey, cocoa powder, ripe fruit salad, pineapple, mandarin - beguiling, perfumed and complex nose, wonderful!
    • Taste
      Very dense and strong without water, a few drops break it a bit: clear oak, dark fruits, leather, salty caramel, dark chocolate, despite the age a certain freshness, some sea air
      Neat bitterness, sparkling tannins, grape seeds, long, dry finish

5. GWMingus scored this whisky 87 points Expert Junior

6. maltaholic did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

By Serge

Bruichladdich 24 yo 1992/2016 ‘Black Art 5.1’ (48.4%, OB, 12000 bottles): 79 Punkte