- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 45.8 % Vol.
- 50 ml
- Added on
- 20 Jan 2017 2:03 pm by FuriousRS
0 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
74 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker Skye
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.21 points
- The nose is the best thing about this Talisker, imho.
- Weak, thinly rinsed Talisker.
Looks cheap, tastes cheap. Not my cup of tea ... uh whisky!
- In fact, Talisker, the nose is still a bit the weak point, the mouth and the finish are neither complex nor particularly spectacular, but more intense than expected and, above all, delicious. A good side drinker, with Talisker kick. With the small price difference to the 10th one must ask oneself, why not buy this same ...
very slightly discreet, slightly smoky, slightly salty. Hints of Talisker, slightly sweetish fruity, yoghurt, youthful, some cardboard. Not unpleasant, but nothing more.
slightly smoky, tart, slightly salty more intense than expected, but also youthful notes are recognizable.
Mint, some pepper, fresh, peat, getting a little bitter. Towards the end, more Junged.
- Young and mild Talisker. The smokiness here is rather weak and overall balance is not on the top. While the nose and the palate are not bad, the finish is the weakest place: it’s quite oaky with long bitter aftertaste. Well, this NAS is OK but just OK.
Light smoke, butter, mashed apples, caramel, coastal notes, light minerality (dusty and earthy tones), vanilla, nutmeg, oak
Sweet, peppery, strawberry marmalade, yellow apples and banana touch, maritime notes (brine and kelp), minerality, oak at the end
Medium-long, smoky, oaky (slightly bitter), getting dry slowly, ashy aftertaste
Smoke, pepper, earthy, oranges,
Smoke, pepper, salt, seasoning, caramel with honey
Short to medium
More smoke and much less oak than the 10 year old.
Well done for a NAS whisky.
- Smells of nowt but tastes good - quite happily sup more.
- A decent dram - like a silent fart it suddenly assails you, though in a pleasant way.
It is difficult to discern any particular aroma - I almost inhaled it but could detect little.
A warming mouth feel with some medicinal notes.
Lingering and tingling pleasantly.