- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 23 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 58.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- UK Exclusive
- Added on
- 14 Nov 2016 8:23 pm by Black Widow
14 × in wishlist
51 × member ratings
98 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1993
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.73 points
- Tasted at Orkney Hotel Bar.
- Maybe not the best SC from Glendronach, but it's a potent sherry beast.
Heavy plum syrup. Raisins with dark choco glaze.
Spicy on cinnamon. Noticable abv.
Raisins and dark stewed fruits. Darkest of chocolates and chared leather. Really heavy stuff.
Develops a hot spicyness that is drying.
- I can not understand Ralfys review at all. For me, this Glendronach is one of the best I have tasted in recent times. The famous 1993 vintage makes its name here. In addition, here again in a first-class Oloro barrel was matured. For me a smooth recommendation! Does not shy away from the £ 17 shipping from UK - it's worth it :)
What a flavor! Dark, fruity sherry streams through the air immediately. Plum syrup, cinnamon and roasted coffee beans complement everything harmoniously.
Bäääm! 58.9% press correctly on the tongue! If you like it, you will love it! :) A sweet fruit cake fills the whole mouth. Dark chocolate notes paired with coffee and spices from the oak round off the fruity-sweet yet austere overall impression. With water: With the addition of 2-3 drops of water, he gets a milder touch on the tongue. The flavors are even more effective - a dream!
Lonely long lasting and warming. Towards the end, the mouth becomes a little drier and there is a smooth tart and slightly bitter note in the mouth, which calls for a second sip.
- Ralfy really gives this one a harsh review:
Ok Ralfy's taste is not everybodys taste. But I would certainly say try before buy on this one.