- Whiskybase ID
- Blended Malt
- Douglas Laing (DL)
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch
- Number of bottles
- 54.4 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Bottle code
- L 20 09 16
- Bottled for
- Whisky Festival Massen
- Added on
- 14 Nov 2016 1:45 pm by maverick6462
3 × in wishlist
27 × member ratings
108 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Big Peat 10 Years Whisky Festival Massen DL
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.00 points
- Usually big big peat fan. But there is something funky about this. I can't lay my hands on it But a certain bitterness that I don't like.
- If the taste would have been better, more complex and balanced, it would easy have received 89 from me. But a very nice dram and for the original release price at Massen festifal I would have bought this bottle. In this case a friend shared his bottle by giving me a 3cl dram.
Good nose but added 1 drop of water and it opens up a little more with sea smell, smoke, tobacco, spices.
I expected more from the taste, it is sweet with spices on the side of the tongue. But not a high roller for me.
Wow, when swallowed it is still there for a long time. Spicy on the edges of the tongue, salty, peaty, very nice to my opinion.
- lemon, smoke, then cold tobacco, very strong peat and a background of spices! the saline side reaches the end!
typical islay with a high proportion of green peat and citrus fruits, also a little moist wood and concentrated, strong spices.
return of candied lemon!
- A peaty malt very well done, but nothing unforgettable. Enthusiasm 3/5
Whiskey n ° 1215
Peat with fruity behind. Spices rise, pepper, especially. Marine air. Malt. Get a little bit of time with the smoke, by contrast.
Mouth very consistent with the nose in terms of aromas. Pretty sweet in texture. Some vegetal notes too.
Intense, saline, and very long.
- At that price, just go for it !
Superb, and I mean superb nose. Very Caol Ila driven it seems, splendid refinement, fresh lemon juice, huge coastal notes, huge minerality, slate, limestone and wet newspapers, incense, sea shells. What a pure nose.
Sadly more on sucrosity here. Still very good, granted, but less refined. Was to be expected. Sweet lemon curd, sweet earth and a bit more wood, less perfectly spirit-driven. Still very enjoyable though.
Long and clean, mineral.