- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask Seasons - Autumn 2016
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- 1st Fill Oloroso Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 51.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Kirsch Whisky Import
- Added on
- 25 Oct 2016 7:23 pm by Resti
10 × in wishlist
84 × member ratings
166 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Edradour 2008 SV
18 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.83 points
- Wow, a prime example of daily form, I had tried it right after the release in Oberhauen after the fair and found it just irrelevant and actually bad after a day full of good drams. Hence my 79 points, which stood here for a long time.
Now at home in peace as Dram No. 2 the picture is very different. Don't get me wrong, of course this is still not a high-end fabric, but just drink well and therefore a solid 85 for me.
A minty freshness resonates with it, in fact also the typical soap note, the mint is just superimposed on a lot, light sherry notes, nuts, which then dive noticeably from time to time through the mint, including chocolate, the warmer it gets in the nose, something damp tobacco, some spice, slightly woody, pepper, but in the end I have to point out the mint again
oily in the mouth, creamy, sweet, here more sherry, slightly malty, raisins, almost sticky, effervescent, chocolate, actually quite good, no soap, no mint, alcohol strength good to drink pure, a little youth still resonates, but it is relatively well overlaid with sherry
then a few nuts behind, still a lot of sherry, sweet, raspberry, a hint of oak on the palate, medium length
- Straight forward oloroso maturation. Get's better the longer the bottle is open
- Again the procedure with H²O. Well, not much
First, alcohol is sharp For him, 10 minutes rest in the glass. Like a bag of student food. Gooseberry cake - leather licorice - a little soapy and some lenorspülung - ripe plums - slightly sour.
the alcohol burns, burned coffee beans, cocoa and dark chocolate, but a bit thin on the palate
And anyway, if you are already very critical, then you can still chalk him the lack of finish. The alcohol stays that aroma is gone quickly.
- A reasonably good middle-class sherried whisky, not in-your-face, but civilised.