Box The 2nd Step Collection 02

1st Fill Oloroso 52%, Bourbon 48%
Strength
11 Sep 2016 3:08 pm by croz

Whisky Reviews for Box The 2nd Step Collection 02

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.40 points

1. markjedi1 scored this whisky 80 points Connoisseur

A rough Swede, if you ask me. Quite special on the nose for which I gladly gave it the benefit of the doubt. But on the palate and finish, there was doubt no more. Not my cuppa.
      Dark and sweet nose on rotting wood. Sounds awful, but kinda works in this case. Add some brown sugar as well as molded wood. There is also a big herbal side. Ferns, nettles, the sap of roots. A bit special, but not unpleasant. In the distance, I do get a touch of rubber that I do not fancy.
    • Taste
      The body is rather light (almost watery in fact). Very sweet on apples, pears, lemon and lime juice. Ginger and liquorice. I find myself pulling faces, which is not a good sign. It has a peaty edge, meaning this one also is a mix of peated and unpeated barley. But the balance is off. It is somewhat raw and unpolished, if you know what I mean. The flavors don’t do each other any favors (note to self: you are not a poet).
      The finish is medium long, drying, smoky and sweet, but does make me long for a glass of water.