- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- van Wees (vW)
- Bottling serie
- The Ultimate
- Stated Age
- 19 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 23 May 2009 10:12 pm
7 × in wishlist
14 × member ratings
18 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Highland Park 1989 vW
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.90 points
- I think this is a very nice Highland Park, another good bottling from Van Wees.
- I prefer it without water. It is at the right strength.
sweet, burned rubber, smoke, porridge, herbs.
water: some funny notes appear - plastic of some kind. Not unpleasant at all. also some turkish delight.
sweet, nice sherry, gentle smoke, marzipan, bitter almonds. good body. with water becomes more mellow and less sweet.
long, starts on sweet notes then gently drying but never with too obvious wood.
- No, I bought a bottle at van Wees
- Sengaia, did you also tasted this one on the tasting in Velp?
- Too simplistic given it's age, and a bit woody.