- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Dark Blue Label
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 09 Jul 2016 6:21 pm by alectron
7 × in wishlist
42 × member ratings
119 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for BenRiach 20-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.94 points
- A sherried whisky alright, but a substandard one. While the nose is still nice, the rest is rather boring.
- While the smell is still very appealing, not much remains in the mouth of it. The barrel kills the whisky. The finish is rather uncomfortable and would like to be washed away with something.
Overall, I am very disappointed with this bottling.
sweet, very spicy, herbs, malt, dried fruits, apricots, ginger, tannins, furniture polish, dust, grated lemon zest, pepper, thyme
light fruit sweetness, but overall very thin, peppery, slightly nutty, lots of oak, slightly bitter
medium long, woody, bitter
Woody, spicy in the aroma. A touch of alcohol. A touch of vanilla.
Lovely in the mouth. The spice unfolds. Bark, sawdust, juniper, herbs.
Long, spicy finish.
- High sherry but also clear bourbon barrels - nice and round - good PLV
Beef stock with boiled vegetables, lovage, earthy, grape seeds, sour wine, berries removed
soft, full-bodied with well-integrated alcohol, aromatic red berries with mint and lots of chocolate, vanilla and nuts
very long and warming, wood and fruits are very long on the tongue
- a beautiful dram if you like the style.
starts fruity on red berries and apricot. the sherry influence is much more prominent than in the light blue label version. but it´s not a sherry bomb as it stays rather fresh. just the right amount of oak and vanilla. reminds me of good japanese blends because of its harmony.
same feeling on the palate, it´s just what you expected after nosing. perhaps you can add some plum wine and hints of honey. very harmonious.
medium to long, becoming a little spicy
- This newer version is different to the earlier versions with the white label, heavier and more full bodied.
Nice stuff, good value.