- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- white label, Akashi printed on front label
- Added on
- 09 Jun 2016 9:59 am by Vassago Clynelish
3 × in wishlist
32 × member ratings
100 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for White Oak NAS
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 73.13 points
- Akashi White Oak 40%. Aroma vanilla slight bubblegum, some pear and peach. Fruity with no sharp alcohol (as you'd expect at the low abv). Slight musty oak and white mice sweets bring it down just a touch. Taste is smooth as water, soft peppery note throughout, not a rough edge and a great drinkability. Light oak behind perfumed spice and touches of fruit. It's like a good blended scotch. Just a very solid well put together whisky
- No real taste - think wet and you'll have an approximation of it.
Pear drops - the aroma seems to tickle the hairs in one's nose.
The alcohol seems to sit underneath the whisky itself so the main taste is simply a sensation of wetness. The taste is fairly insipid - perhaps a hint of spice.
- Are there for just under 10 EUR in almost every Japanese supermarket and that would be the maximum that the drop would be worth to me.