- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Portwood Finish - Limited Edition
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Bourbon + Port Pipes Finish
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L16 01696 CB2
- Added on
- 05 May 2016 5:58 pm by RoyC
7 × in wishlist
37 × member ratings
79 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tomintoul 15-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.29 points
- Nicely done, a good overall package. Price between 80 and 90 euros - but you get 15 years, 46%, not cool filtered. You have to judge PLV yourself, if you like Portweinnachreifungen - definitely good.
Sweetish, fruity red berries. Quite light, vanilla notes are added. Subtle coffee aromas, pleasant hint of bitterness (maybe some oak?).
Vollmunding with good start, intense sweetness, with the time getting drier. Caramel notes, however, are sweetly dominated. This fruity sweetness is clearly dominant.
Sweet again, red berries, jammy. Strong spicy.
- *Sampled at Whisky Live Manila 2017
livelier than the glencadam 17 portwood, this one has more complexity, plus the flavors of tomintoul are more suited for port
- Beautiful fruity Port whisky with interesting notes, for ~ 80 € but not convincing enough, despite 46% a bit thin, because I would like to fuck me more.
very fruity at first - blackberries, plums, forest fruit marmalade, later dry, slightly tart chocolate, tobacco, some hay
dry red wine, caramel, blackberry sweets, in addition to tobacco (light and dry) and hay
medium long, first sweet, then hay / herbs
- Whisky tasting: Tomintoul 15 years Port Wood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRsPQ2v3JoE