- Single Grain
- Murray McDavid (MM)
- Bottling serie
- Select Grain - Limited Release
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- Bourbon Barrels
- 42929, 42970, 42980
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 03 Dec 2015 7:19 pm by Fortuna1895
one in wishlist
15 × member ratings
20 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Loch Lomond 1996 MM
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.46 points
- N: Nothing much to see here.
F: … I’m thinking, which mixer?
C: As an 18yo LL grain [from one of it’s two Coffey stills SW], take note of it’s controlled/tempered neutrality.
Burnt rubber, burnt hairs. Unpleasent, not good. Vanilla, candyfloss, buttered popcorn and icewine.
Sweet vanilla, sweet sugar. A chemical "plastic"-like taste ... one-dimensional.
At the end slightly bitter wood, maybe bourbon barrels refilled multiple times before? Relatively weak, vanilla, almond.
- I can't recommend this one ...
- slight bitterness, sweet oak sharpness. Overall, something 1-dimensional