- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Distiller's Choice - Limited Edition
- Bourbon & Madeira Cask Finish
- Number of bottles
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 29 Nov 2015 7:30 pm by hangio
one in wishlist
42 × member ratings
60 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Teerenpeli Karhi
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.64 points
- Good news: it's whisky. There are far worse exotics. Nevertheless, he is young and lacks depth. The Madeira makes it but tasty and fruity. Finish rather short. Can you drink, but too ambitious price. But you get on 0.7l calculated almost nen 21er Goyne and all 18s ..
Light and reserved. Green banana, freshly mown grass, sawdust. Champagne truffles, coconut chips.
White chocolate, hazelnut, caramel. Lemon sorbet, pleasant spicy bitterness.
- Very tasty, the finish is good, very tasty and a nice own touch. With ~ 70 € for half a liter (and not even strength) but unfortunately nothing for poor people.
nice, fresh fruitiness (such as what I expect from a Madeira finish, without knowing Madeira ;-)), first grapes, then apricot / peach, with caramel and milk chocolate, a slight perfume note ... or not is there an interesting note, fleeting, difficult to grasp, fresh, slightly spicy, a touch of pine needles? Pine needle perfume? ;-) Like it.
soft, sweet, round - peach, apricot, milk chocolate, Werther's genuine, like dessert cream, then a light pinch of white pepper - very tasty
medium to long, first caramel, then a round of pepper and then I have next to coffee again something "forest" (pine needles, resin, so the direction)
- A light, tasty and lovely sweet single malt from Finland with a pleasant
noticeable influence of the madeira wine casks. Not the most complex on
the planet and without a significant depth but enjoyable, even
quaffable and, to me, a delicate all day dram. Well done!
I thank Kirsch Whisky Import for the sample!
Fresh, light and fruity start on the nose with wine aroma, apricots and
peaches. This is lovely mixed with sweet vanilla, toffee and
butterscotch. Hints of cacao, cinnamon and subtle oak in the back.
Very smooth on the palate. Soft and even silky notes of vanilla,
apricots, figs and dark grapes. Lovely sweet toffee and custard
complemented by a slightly warming spiciness of oak, cinnamon, roasted
nuts and a whiff of white pepper.
The finish is short to medium long with delicious creamy toffee and
fruity flavours, before bitter notes of dark chocolate and grape peel
WITH WATER: There's almost no change on the nose when
adding a few drops of water. The malt stays sweet with vanilla, toffee
and wine grapes. On the palate, however, water increases the spiciness
with more oak and black pepper coming to the fore. Less sweet but dry on
the tongue. The finish is rather short, warm with drying oak and bitter
- I like it! The influence of Madeira is very clear, in general I love the great fruity notes that these sweet wine barrels put into the whisky. Like the other terenpeli malts a bit reserved and very elegant. Priced with about 70 € for the offered something too expensive for me, but a good malt!
I thank the German importer Kirsch Whisky for the tasting.
Very light and pleasant in the nose. The Madeira finish is immediately obvious. I discover the typical notes of fruit cake and perfume. Apricots, peaches, juice of white grapes. Neat vanilla, dark caramel, light chocolate and a very restrained spiciness.
Very soft and silky on the tongue, perfectly integrated alcohol meets dried figs, apricots and apple rings. The chocolate is also found again, now it is a little stronger and shows together with short flaring woodiness and some pepper and mixed nuts the barrel influence.
Caramel and fruits only stay short, a soft chocolate and some coffee remain medium in length.
- Karhi was initially matured in bourbon casks (5-7 years) and then finished for one year in Madeira wine casks.
My full review: