- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Bourbon / PX Sherry Cask Finish
- Number of bottles
- 58.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Bresser & Timmer
- Added on
- 25 Oct 2015 4:54 pm by st7
5 × in wishlist
35 × member ratings
69 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tomatin 2003
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.13 points
- Need to add water, strong good taste
A fruity nose, alcoholic. yeasty and fruit basket, very nice!
It has a bit sharp malty taste, the cask clearly gave off a taste of wood, the sherry is really wel balanced. hay and oat are some of the elemants i find.
- Sherry monster. In comparison to the new standard 12yo bottling this single cask is an "exaggeration" in nose and taste. The single cask makes it a singular experience.
w/o water: sweet, heavy, pepper, soaked raisins, icing sugar, dry sultanas
w/ water: dark fruit sweetness. Soaked raisins, light pepper, apple cider.
w/o water: hot and sweet arrival. Hot development towards dry peach and apricot.
w/ water: sweet, hot arrival. Quick development of juicy oranges, green herbs to a dry smoke (smoke without taste or odor)
w/o water: sour finish. Long.
w/ water: long, sweet and sour finish.
- This is a powerhouse whisky. At first the strength overwhelms the nose as well as the palate. Some water might help here. It’s quite expressive and the PX finish is ever so slightly present. Once you get used to the power of this dram it is actually quite pleasant and interesting.
All in all a good Tomatin expression.
n intense, fresh and spicy whisky with aromas of alcohol, stewed pears, wine, honey, toffe, caramel, vanilla, milk chocolate, slightly sour tones, licorice root, oak, figs and raisins.
A very intense, powerful and strong whisky with aromas of icing sugar, lemons, slightly sour tones, spices (pepper, chili, cinnamon, hot ginger), malt, vanilla, coumarin, dried fruits (figs, dates, sultanas) licorice root, orange zest and oak.
A medium long and dry finish with aromas of raisins, spices, fresh fruits, dried fruits, tannins and subtle oak.
- Delicious whisky.
Sweet fruit, delicious and soft taste of candied fruit. Raisins.
Full of sweetness, the sweetened fruit is delicious. Actually a "fruit basket" in the mouth.
On the short side, sweet lingers in the throat. Fruit flavor is retained.