- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask - Batch 12
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- Pedro Ximénez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 52.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 25 Sep 2015 11:19 am by Cipidos
24 × in wishlist
86 × member ratings
119 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1995
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.07 points
- This one just sold for over 300 pounds at Whiskyauctioneer. Somebody's reaping the reward for those fake accounts overrating this bottle, I suppose. Fake accounts such as Sherrymonster66 above.
- Batch 12 contains the following bottles:
1972 cask 706
1990 cask 1375
1994 cask 3273
1994 cask 3398
1995 cask 444
1995 cask 3806
1995 cask 4034
2003 cask 934
2004 cask 5524
- A very similar profile to cask 4400 for Destillerie Kammer-Kirsch, rather different from cask 3804 for Whiskybase which is much heavier on the hazelnuts.
Apple syrup, cherry, caramel, prune, pepper, almond and vinegar.
More spicy, not opening up easily. Cherry, toffee, chocolate and apple. A little hazelnut, which increases when adding water.
Chocolate, hazelnut paste, apple and cherry.
- Very close to 3273. A little less tannic and particulate-containing body plus a little more meatiness. More into coffee grounds than these are usually but very well balanced and it seems like this bottle puts itself together very fast after opening. No need to wait for a month or two to reach optimum as with some of them. Don't trust the generic username brigade voting this one 94-98 points though, it's no Bowmore 1966.
I had 3250, 54, this one and 3273 open successively with quite a bit of overlap and although I really liked each and every one I'd say qualitywise they're 54 > 3273 > 444 > 3250.