- Single Malt
- The Vintage Malt Whisky Co Ltd. (VM)
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 21 Feb 2009 1:07 pm
11 × in wishlist
128 × member ratings
381 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Finlaggan The Original - Peaty VM
26 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.06 points
- Good young smoker who is really top of the PLV. Intense, slightly medicinal peat.
Light medicinal, smoke and peat. A sweet fruity smell but also a bit flat for the rest.
Pepper and a lot of sweet barley keeps coming back. Not a big body and even watery.
Bitter at the end of a short finish.
- I did not have a bottle, but I tasted about 5 times during the festival blind tasting and during it. Solid whisky.
A very distinctive scent, a lot of sweet, honey, fruit nectar, vanilla, grass, straw, sugar wool, then heavier fruity with smoke and dexterity. It smells sweet and there is also sea salinity. (88 b)
Somewhat oily on the tongue, first sweeter, but increasingly peat and smoke. Light grape bitterness in the flavor. Besides, the used and ash-like reverberation. (86 b)
- Peat, smoky, ashtray effect. Pretty one-dimensional canned whisky.
- blind tasting
- Lots of taste and very affordable, but I prefer old reserve above this original
Peat, iodine, harbour smell, stewed fruits
Peat, tar, stewed fruits,pepper, earthy tones, oak
peat, tar, leather, pepper, oak