- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Wood Finish Series
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Sauternes Wine Casks Finish
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 19 Feb 2015 6:33 pm by z-imaging
27 × in wishlist
158 × member ratings
478 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for BenRiach 15-year-old Sauternes
25 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.68 points
- this whisky is amazing for its value. would really want to test this in cask strength, that would be omg!
pear, päronsplitt (swedish icecream), sweetness from the sauternes, dry,
lightly dry sweetness, oak, dried fruits, honey, butter
alot of honey and butter
- [September, 2015] I had this dram during a FoSM club tasting.
In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 85. I took no detailed notes as the whisky did not interest me.
- Floral, intense, vanilla and crème brûlée on the nose. In the mouth, supple and spicy, the bourbon casks have worked much more than the Sauternes casks, the latter only rounding the corners. Final round and quite long. A little water adds relief to all this. A good whisky but clearly not the best Sauternes Cask / Finish.
- blind tasting
Nose: Very nice sherry notes, ripe plums and white peach, honey, some vanilla, mild alcohol.
Taste: The onset is medium, the ripeness of the fruit is beautiful on the palate, raisins, light honey sweetness, spicy oak
Finish: Beautifully long and sweet, a hint of bitter chocolate
Conclusion: A very harmonious sherry whisky, which flatters the nose with the fine aromas, especially for a long time in the empty glass.