- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 11 years old
- Pedro Ximenez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 54.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Special Bottling Range for Thomas Krüger - Edition No.1
- Added on
- 06 Dec 2014 3:58 pm by indyjones
one in wishlist
40 × member ratings
79 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 2003
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.57 points
- Very nice indeed. Sherry sherry sherry.
- A bit heavy on the sherry, but very nice Glendronach indeed!
- I can fully appreciate the very good analysis of Maltmaniac72.
Have been allowed to taste the good drop on the Whisky Fair Limburg and he delivers what can be expected of a Glendronach at this age.
Sugar sweet, a lot of chocolate, lots of dried fruit, strong Sherynoten and a still somewhat nervous barrel influence.
- Full-bodied and delicious, within the Glendronachs but rather an 'underdog'.
As you would expect from Glendronach, this one starts with famous sherry flavors like dried raisins, plums and plums. In addition there are chocolate, coffee, forest honey. He is remarkably young, ie the PX Puncheon has not worked long. Therefore edged or otherwise very characteristically for a 11YO. 44 points.
Average viscosity. Wonderfully fruity on the palate with lots of raisins, plums, plums, dark chocolate, toffee / caramel and coffee. In addition sherry-sweet. It is also edgy here, which does not hurt him. Full-bodied and enticing to further samples. 44 points.
Medium long, sherry-sweet and spicy. In the end, toasted oak.