2 × in wishlist
86 × member ratings
252 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Dewar's 12-year-old
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.54 points
- nice "all day whiskey". good, easy.
mild, sweet, vanilla, pleasant
somewhat fruity, mild, barely sharp, sweet
short lasting finish, unspectacular
- N- Good old Dewar's now in a striking new packaging. As most the old range of Dewar's are at higher than average points in my opinion. I would not take anything less on this new batch. Grassy honey capped with earthy smokes. Follow up with nice caramelized nutty and heady oily leather aroma with complex wood fire baked apple smokes. Some Sherry oak in the blend?..Probably. Right touch of grainy as it should be at no harm done.
P- Floral and honey sweet, frizzy malt candy, some chocolate dress with thin wood. Really intriguing durian shell nuance at retro-breath. Toasted spicy notes linger.
F- Medium, spicy, good lengthy spicy dryness with soothing warm sweet smokes for a heady finish. A firm 40%, and love the durian hue. Glad to note this is even better than the old Special Reserve 12YO.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- Sweet and flowery Somewhat one-dimensional but tasty tasty
- This sweet blend with the flavors of citrus and oak.
- very nice blend, balanced, however tastes younger than old version of 12 yo (sep 2016)
sweet, fresh, ginger, molasses, vanilla
bitter-sweet, green notes, ginger, fresh oak, taste turns dry and astringent
short to medium, sweet and sour, ginger
- Not insanely exciting drop, the tension is by the marriage of packaging according to pack up to forty single malts and Grains - by nature not unintentionally - taken away. In my rating, this drop has received an additional sympathy point, because I was allowed to visit this distillery twice already and was allowed to make my first Whiskyerfahrungen in Scotland on site!
Melange of not quite ripe fruits (apricot, melon etc.), slightly pungent with a sweet undertone (this does not exclude itself!)
balanced mixture, sweet, honey.
Figs, orange peel, grapes resp. Sultanas, strong cocoa, slightly scratching honey. Then everything is over very quickly and there is not too much memory left.
- Gift set with measure and still water.