- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Chivas Brothers - Cask Strength Edition
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Batch GA 14 006
- 57.3 % Vol.
- 500 ml
- Added on
- 01 Oct 2014 7:51 am by glengarry
5 × in wishlist
27 × member ratings
68 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenallachie 2000
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.29 points
- Water help a lot of it to bitterness is go to the background.
Refined and floral. Honey, vanilla, fruits and citruses.
Oily. Bitter and spicy oak. Vanilla, honey, fruits and citruses.
Long, bittersweet, spicy.
- It’s nice, sweet and easy to drink. Just watch out for the high ABV.
Hmm this is pleasant and easy. It’s quite high in the ABV, but my nose is taking it like a champ. No burning nose at all.
Sweet, honey and vanilla. Easy going although the high ABV is definitely speaking here. It needs a few drops of water. Yep this is better, it tones down the heavy alcohol. It also brings out some more citric notes, but also get’s a bit bitter.
The finish is mid-long but the bitter aspect remains. Water doesn’t help here, the finish is much better without water.
- Butterscotch, butterscotch and more butterscotch :-)